1. I love my Lord Jesus Christ and feel so blessed but also undeserving of His Unconditional Love for me. He has blessed me with an amazing husband and I hope to use this marriage He has blessed us with to further His Kingdom.
2. After getting out of a bad relationship in college I prayed to the Lord and told Him that I wanted my next boyfriend to be my husband and I wanted Him to pick Him. The next month I met Len (my husband). I eventually found out that months before he prayed a similar prayer and was looking for his next girlfriend to be his wife. I am so glad that I allowed the Lord to pick for me. I’ve learned that He knows more than I do what I really want and need!!
3. I absolutely love communication. I love conversing, getting to know others, their passions, what troubles them, what inspires them…I love to debate and have deep conversations. I really do not like or enjoy small talk.
4. I LOVE to teach. People say that you know your job is your career/calling if you are willing to do it for free. Well, I am! (kind of). I love to teach! I could talk about education for hours! I enjoy the Socratic Method, and engaging my students in such a way where we are all learning, all asking questions, all exploring. As a teacher I simply lead. I hope to light a fire in my students, a passion for learning, that never dies.
5. I hope to raise men that love and serve God with all their heart, soul and mind. I hope to help them develop a smart faith, one they can defend (see the book I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist). I look forward to seeing them love their wives and lead godly homes, but meanwhile, I LOVE being their princess 😉
6. I was born in Dominican Republic and most of my family still lives there. Spanish is my first language. I miss my people, my food, merengue and salsa…must I go on 😉
7. I grew up in Providence, RI (the smallest state in the nation). It was as boring as it sounds, especially when I was a teenager. I do miss living in a city where most of the people are of Hispanic decent, though. I also miss the ocean and get really frustrated when people say there are beaches in Cleve. It’s a LAKE!
8. I went to an amazing Quaker school from 6th grade till my high school graduation. There is not enough that could be said about this school. Most of my passion for learning and teaching comes from my unforgettable experiences there.
9. I met one of my closest friends, Marsella, at Moses Brown. She and I were the ONLY Dominicans there! We’ve lived far apart since our high school graduation, but our relationship has remained intact. Its like we live a couple houses away. I am upset though that she is NOT ON FACEBOOK!!
10. I’ve met amazing people since living in Ohio and have made lifelong friends. I love talking to my friends and kicking it with them and all our kids! I’m so glad they ARE on FB! 🙂
11. I LOVE reading and wish I could do more of it. My dream is to one day have a library in my house. Im off to a good start so far :). I value well written books. I don’t think I could live without reading!
12. One day I hope to write my own book/s, possibly on Home Education, Motherhood, Theology etc.
13. I love to study the Bible and pray the Lord will use me one day to lead a Bible Study. I love the Old Testament (History) and Apologetics.
14. I want to have 6 kids…hopefully by the time I’m 35.
15. I LOVE homeschooling my boys. Homeschooling to us is a lifestyle, we are always teaching. School is everywhere and at all times. We never stop learning!
16. I really love Shaker Heights and the Cleveland area but hope someday we move where it does not snow so much. I know I’ve lived here all my life but I just can’t get used to winter. You can take the girl out of the Caribbean but you can’t take the Caribbean out of the girl 😀
17. I love electronics (PDA, IPODS etc)
18. I admire and enjoy John MacArthur!! I love his books and his sermons!
19. I enjoy watching documentaries like American Justice, 20/20, Dateline, I love CNN especially Anderson Cooper. I really like Wife Swap, SuperNanny (I think she is soooo cute!!!!!)
20. My favorite dessert is Dulce de Leche Cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory.
21. My favorite sport and pastime is swimming! I also LOVE hiking, biking, camping. I love the outdoors, but always with my hubby and my boys!
22. I would love to be an athlete but wonder if it’s too late…
23. I would love to one day start my own school, maybe even in Dom. Rep.
24. I hope to raise my boys to be close to each other like my siblings and I are. My brother and I are best friends. I think he is the funniest person on Earth (don’t tell him, Jeannette)!
25. If there is one thing I would change about myself is to be more disciplined. I want to develop this quality soo badly!
26.I really need to keep a journal and I don’t! I know this will help me organize all my thoughts and make sense of them! Here again is the need for discipline!
This reminds me of a really cool book to take with you to Starbucks with a really cool friend. No kids, sit by the fireplace, and get a nice hot Caramel Macchiatto 😉 It’s called The Book of Questions! Great for really good conversations with someone you think you really know! (Do you remember Matou? 🙂